Monday, April 14, 2008

Here we are, Sunset and Camden!!














The stomach virus is the devil!! The devil I tell you! Luckily, it only lasts about 48 hours and I am feeling like my old self more and more. Which means you, my fortunate and faithful readers of the blog, are entitled to my promised pictures of Master Jefferson.




Mom made fun of my ring and the fact it's almost as big as Master Jefferson's face. Pish-posh, it's simply the closet thing to the camera. Never could we say such things seriously. He is such a cute, precious little thing. LOVES to be moving and looking around. He doesn't care for the camera much, as Jason will tell you. Busy body, no way that comes from the Hansen side of the family, right? :) Who could ever lay claim that the Hansen's are about as busy as they come? Who me, yes you, couldn't be, then WHO?




Anyhow, what else. Oh yes! Never get the stomach flu virus. Hits you like a ton of bricks and lays you on your back in 2-3 hours flat. Nothing can possibly get done when you are flat on your back, nothing. And being flat on your back builds the immenient danger to which the stomach flu virus so violently racks and contorts the body, all while rushing haphazardly to the restroom.




It's over and I am so happy! Still feeling pretty weak, but I am so grateful I don't have kids yet. Not too many times you can say that, but this was by far one of the top ten reasons to wait ;). Just trying to convince myself that's why were waiting, lay off.




So we also went snowmobiling while we were in Utah, all thanks to the wonderful generosity of Jackie's parent-in-laws. So kind of them to let us go and have fun. I think I was terrified or something because my arms cried out in pain the next day and Juan informed me I was holding on to him as if life itself existed only within the grasp on his front zipper. He said everytime we went around a curve or down a little slope, I would inch up further onto the snowmobile and grasp even more tightly to him. We ran into a bout of bad luck with barbed wire and then we fell off once or twice, but made it ALL THE WAY back down without falling ONCE!!! Juan says that's because he thinks my arms were tired and getting weaker by that point. I just think Juan figured out how to better control a virtual motorized sled.




So much excitement! Okay, I've met my obligation to posting the pictures! Now if we can convince Jackie to take pictures every week and post them on her blog. HMMM! What kind of incentive would work? I already made fabulous picture frames for the nursery, you would think that would be enticement enough. I will have to spoil Jefferson just a little more to bribe his mommy to post pictures on a regular basis. What's that you say? You want to see the frames. Well, OKAY! I had so much fun making them, I admit, I had a blonde moment trying to find the "perfect" frames, then realized I am letting the highlights grow out and it's no longer acceptable to rely on the faux blonde to cover up a duh-du-duh moment. So I took the wide matting out of two identical frames and VIOLA! I have the "perfect" frames, which can one day be frames for Master Jefferson with the wide matting re-inserted. That's it for now! I am dratted out! I hope that sounds better than "pooped" out, but somehow I am beginning to doubt it and will be taking suggestions all week long for a substitute word!
Juan is commenting on dinner status, duty calls!

3 comments:

Steve said...

Go Kourtney!
Way to go on posting pictures and promoting the practice. Wait, Did you just quote from one of the World's greatest films, Singin' in the Rain? Classy! You've got taste.

Alicia said...

My VCR doesn't work, and my only copy of "Singin' in the Rain" is, sadly, a VHS. My ringtone it the song itself, and for some reason it's not popular ("Singin' in the Rain?! You need to get a real ring tone!" Jerk wads). I love these pictures! You look so good! Lacy is going through the stomach bug right now and it's awful! I feel so bad for her. I keep shoving things at her to try and help, "Juice? Blanket? Elmo? Applesauce?" To which she says, "No" and whimpers. It's so sad.

tomásrh said...

ok ist pritty esta bonito
lee mi blog

www.ramprojet.blogspot.com