Friday, May 9, 2008

What you have to know, what you can pretend to know and how you figure out you know nothing at all...

So after having incredibly horrible dreams about closing not going through on our little bungalow of love, I realize you must simply put your trust in the Lord and hope for the best.

I really want to take time to thank the people who helped this home buying experience happen! Thanks to our parents for telling us constantly we are throwing our money away on rent (it's true, you know), thanks to Dory and Jerry for keeping us employed and allowing us the opportunity to make an offer on this house, thanks to our realtor (who didn't find this one for us since it's a for sale by owner) who gave us HUGE tips along the way and thank the Heavens above we were able to make the offer! I think it took a little courage, especially for Juan who I believe feels we are moving a little fast on the home buying track.

We are just so happy we get to move in about two months. Funny how fate works, the screaming kid at 3:30 in the morning, well, he still cries at the top of his lungs, but after hearing his parents go at each other's throats all hours I am home, allows me to feel sorry for him (the kid that is) and now the screaming doesn't irk me the way it did before. Sure they still make LOUD noises, but I just hope the kid finds everyday little things to keep him going since his parents sound like they could use an intervention. In other words, I am starting to miss the nuances of apt. living. I am sure that will wear off in about a day or two ;).

Oh and scroll down to the first post we made on the pictures, don't just start with the kitchen pictures post, and you do have to read to catch some of the highlights of our closing (the when, but I can type it again, July 31st!!:) )

Thanks to everyone who kept an eye out for us....keep it up....just in case, you know?

4 comments:

Patrick & Amber said...

Congrats on the house - it is way cute!

Lindy said...

Holy cow--what a sweet place! I simply cannot wait to come visit you :) How much fun could we have with socks and those wood floors, eh? August really could be a possibility for me--but I'll be moving MYSELF then, so I might be a little tired of the entire moving process :) We shall see--congratulations!

Gina said...

Hey Kourtney-
It's Gina. I love love love the house. I am so excited for you. Sorry I haven't written back until now. I'm trying to be better. I hope all goes well with the your new home. It is so exciting buying your first home. It's surreal at first when you realize that each sink each wall each room is YOURS! Check out my blog! I'll be better at keeping in touch, I promise.

Alicia said...

Kourtney, I just love it!! And after reading Lindy's comment about socks on the wood floors, I'm laughing so hard picturing it.

I don't have your e mail, so I hope it's okay that I'm messaging you here. I want to put together a family cookbook and have it ready around Christmas. Do you have anything delicious you'd like to share? Here's my e mail if you'd like to share any:

ladydeets0404@yahoo.com