Friday, June 6, 2008

It's that time again...

Ready? I will not terrorize, melt into self loathing sarcasm or berate myself in general for not blogging recently. We simply MUST go on ;).

We have come so far. Applications have been completed, contracts officially accepted and are one week away from ordering an inspection for our new home! July 28th sounds so far away, but it's really just a matter of 7 weeks. So much time, so little to do. Stop, reverse that.

We have big plans and I do believe I will enlist your help.

Do we go with Flagstone or more traditional pavers (which we will be able to do ourselves)?
The Flagstone look


The Paver look


We are just so excited. All the remodeling should be complete by Monday! YAY! That means one step closer to making this house a home.

Here are some of the things we have been thinking about looking into:


Swedish wooden reinforced shelving from Williams Sonoma for our storage space off the kitchen...good news, we probably won't have to get the wine rack!


The Palladion Collection from Restoration Hardware...great media center, yes?


The Hudson Collection from Potterybarn...I know, they look almost the same...but I just can't decide...which would you choose? (They are the same price.)


Decisions, decisions....too bad we can't really buy any of this until we save up a little first.

But remember, by small and simple things are great things brought to pass...funny how that applies even to things like saving up to make a fun purchase!

Gotta run, but keep me posted on all your opinions...I know a few people who are very good at that ;) Love you all!

8 comments:

Lindy said...

My vote is on the Pottery barn center. I like the legs. It really adds something to piece. :)
Any way we could a font color change though? The light colors make it really hard to see!

Gina said...

I actually like the Restoration Hardware one better, but if you want more storage (which is probably better) go with Pottery Barn - it has to long drawers.

blog_meg said...

Pottery Barn, baby! And we're thinking about adding a back patio with pavers so hurry up and do yours so I can see how it turns out! HA!

Alicia said...

Your page is different! So cute!

I like the Pottery Barn media center. The drawers sold me.

Jason and Jackie said...

Pottery barn all the way and I like the flagstone. I like those styles more. I'm looking for a media center that matches our computer armoire (black with cherry--rustic). Wanna help me find one?

Jason and Jackie said...

Pottery barn all the way and I like the flagstone. I like those styles more. I'm looking for a media center that matches our computer armoire (black with cherry--rustic). Wanna help me find one?

Megan said...

Kourtney! How exciting...I like the pottery barn center and the flagstone! I am so jealous, your house is so cute(I looked at pics below)!

Steve said...

I like the flagstone. Cat is a pro at it. Her dad passed on the skill from the Old Country. I don't think you have to wear wooden shoes to do it, or do you? Hmm.
So Alicia and I remembered something funny. We were having some meal in Grandma's backyard. You were at our table, and as we were sitting and chatting, you starting flinging some of your food over your shoulder with your fork at intervals. I guess you'd had enough of your potato salad. Ha ha ha. Fun times.
How cool you're getting a little place of your own! You deserve it.