Friday, May 22, 2009

The things you'd like to say and what actually ends up coming out...

So, I've never been a great diary keeper. That sums that up.

Ever notice you are constantly thinking one thing and saying another. That's my definition of conscientious. People's feelings. Good heavens. It's so stinking easy to say the wrong thing, say the right thing the wrong way or say what you say without really meaning it. Dang inflection tones.

So, I am going to find a class. A FBI, CIA, 'train you to lie so good you even think it's true' class. Yeah, they exist, no one tells you about them because they are being greedy. Greedy FBI'ers! Funny, it sounds like such a dirty term! Maybe because it starts with an "f". Who knows. Boy, I am chatty tonight.

I've got the dog in my lap, laying down like the good little lap dog she is, loving on me like I don't deserve. Why, might you ask? I forgot to feed the little nugget today. I didn't get a lunch break, so I'm sure she thought she was starving to death. She didn't even have a chew toy to keep her occupied and mind off how hungry she was. I came home and still didn't realize I hadn't fed her. I swear if this head of mine wasn't attached sometimes... FINALLY, at 9:45 Daisy decides it's time to give me a little reminder. She saunters on over to her food bowl and lays down pathetically in front of it and does a doggie sigh.
"Oh, did I not feed you?" I think aloud.
Another pathetic doggie sigh.
"Ha ha, I was just making sure you knew how to communicate on a whole different level than most other dogs. And look at that, you still know how to lay in front of your bowl without whining or crying, just a simple sigh. What a good dog I have."
Of course this charade was simply to help me feel better. That's why I love my dog. I can mess up big time (I mean technically, I was STARVING her) and she still doesn't back talk or get whiney. She just sighs, eats and then forgives easily enough to come sit on my lap and love on me immediately afterward. Oh, how I do love this little companion of mine.

So big news.....



















Ha Ha....not really. Made you look. Hey, I didn't post on April Fool's, so there.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I just saw Sam's graduation invitation at my Mom's house. When did he start high school? I totally missed that.

I love this blog post. I feel like a fly on your wall, watching you type. It's cozy.

Steve said...

Thanks for blogging even when there isn't any "big news". What a great cyber-prank.

Kourtney said...

Why thank you my lone followers! I love love reading your blogs, so I should return the favor, no?

blog_meg said...

That was a mean trick to pull!!