Wednesday, August 21, 2013

From where I stand...

I forgot.  Yes, I'm human, we all are, and we tend to be forgetful creatures.  Even more so when we feel life is "just going".  I'm just working.  Juan is just working and going to school.  We're just doing the same old things we've done for the past...geez, let's not put a number to that thought.  

Then a little light (epiphany) finds it's way in.  It's awesome to "just" do anything in this world.  

We've been looking into solar blocking screens for our back windows.  The ferocious sun blazes in, our a/c unit works overtime to keep the house sated and we cringe a little more each month the utility bill comes in. 
 
So we invested in the solar screens.  Welcome to Vampire City, we'll be your hosts for the summer.  It's DARK in the back half of our home now.  I could host a Gothic dance off.  I can extend an invitation to the Cullens for a bread and breakfast (please, not the dog) weekend.
 
Which has led me to spend more time in the front of the house, seeking the light to get a good picture of my latest project.  Which brings me to the title of this post.  'From where I stand' is subjective, relative, rarely objective.  'From where I stand', such a common phrase, I think we forget to move around, enjoy the full spectrum of what the world has to offer, and be HAPPY with doing the "just" things in life.  Life is grand, life is great, life is hard, life is challenging, life is wonderful.  Life is what we choose to make it. 
 
And while I'm standing in the light flooding in through the front door, I'll leave you with a picture of my new plant stand.  Thank you Hobby Lobby clearance section.  A plant stand for $17!!  In coral-ly orange, why yes, I do believe I will take you home with me.  Enjoy the light!





No comments: