Thursday, July 10, 2008

I am 25 going on 18, I'll take care of you...

So Alicia tagged me and I am going to do something I don't believe I have done before....respond. Wow, am I moving up in the blogger world or what? If anyone can find the lyrics to the song in The Sound of Music where Lisle is in the gazebo with her about-to-turn-Nazi stud, I sure would love you for forever :).

So here goes the I like talking about you, you, you usually, but occasionally I wanna talk about me....

I am: an amazing insurance sales representative, meticulously organized, and good with difficult people (even when all I want to do is punch them square in the face, you know who you are).
I know: a lot 'bout living and little 'bout love. Wait, really I know a whole lot about living. I am still alive, right?
I want: to know what it feels like to have a baby
I have: an addiction to watching the TV series Bones, don't eat while you watch.
I wish: at 11:11, 12:12, 1:11 and 3:33 for something good. I ALWAYS miss the others, funny huh?
I hate: it when people do mean things for no reason. Like shoot puppies because it's "funny" to hear them yelp. Or shake babies because they are crying.
I miss: the days of being a size 6 and thinking I was fat.
I fear: the end of the world as we know it is closer than we realize.
I feel: like singing/whistling all the time. It takes everything in me to fight it at work.
I hear: selectively. AND I do it without even trying now. How's that for talent mastery.
I smell: the dang nail salon fumes next door. And Jerry can't figure out why, when I have babies, don't just build a nursery in the back of the office? HMMMMM....I wonder.
I crave: steak every day, the aromas waft over me from Outback Steakhouse, as I walk home to my apartment.
I search: Crate and Barrel, Potterybarn, Williams Sonoma, Restoration Hardware, Bed Bath and Beyond and Pier One for a deal with a diligence level that would put a Navy SEAL to shame.
I wonder: why each little bird has a someone, to sing to, sweet things to...
I regret: nothing. I live in the present, learn from my past and plan for my future.
I love: Juan. Unconditionally and irrationally at times.
I care: enough to buy "green" bags for shopping and then forget to bring them with me, 8 times out of 10.
I always: clean the bathroom first, then the extra bedroom, our bedroom, the kitchen and last, the living room.
I am not: tired and I am tired of people asking me why. What an oxymoron statement, huh?
I believe: in the 13 articles of Faith. Even though one of them (11th?)says 'we claim.'
I dance: along with the princesses in Disney movies.
I sing: to Jefferson on the phone to get him to smile and sometimes talk to me
I don’t always: remember to be patient with others. I mean I should if they put up with me, huh?
I fight: to be a stronger, better person each day.
I write: flagrant stories loosely based on actual events.
I lose: my temper and my birth control is my prime suspect. Zero to sixty in 2.0 flat is NOT how you want your temper described.
I win: smiles from my Sunbeams when I have a really good object lesson for them.
I never: forget to thank people for their generosity. If you feel you have been forgotten, let me know, I promise to get you a thank you somehow!
I listen: to what people say and do it if I feel like it.
I am scared: I might one day be the crazy mom who won't let her kids get wet at a Fourth of July breakfast.
I need: more money but I know it's God's way of keeping me in check.
I am happy about: all the fun times we will have getting our first house all set up!
I tag: Jackie, Hillary, Lindy and Meg. And I don't expect anything! Only do it if you want to.

That was fun! I should do these tag thingies more often. Is thingies a word? Don't answer, it's rhetorical.

4 comments:

Patrick & Amber said...

You want to know what it feels like to have a baby, are you crazy!?

Kourtney said...

Yes, it's official! I am crazy. Why oh why do I want a baby so bad lately?

Steve said...

Here ya go:

(Rolf)
You wait, little girl,
On an empty stage
For fate to turn the light on

Your life, little girl,
Is an empty page
That men will want to write on

(Liesl)
To write on

(Rolf)
You are 16 going on 17
Baby it’s time to think
Better beware
Be canny and careful
Baby you're on the brink

You are 16 going on 17
Fellows will fall in line
Eager young lads
And roués and cads
Will offer you food and wine

Totally unprepared are you
To face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared are you
Of things beyond your ken

You need someone
Older and wiser
Telling you what to do
I am 17 going on 18
I'll take care of you

(Liesl)
I am 16 going on 17
I know that I’m naive
Fellows I meet may tell me I'm sweet
And willingly I believe

I am 16 going on 17 innocent as a rose
Bachelor dandies
Drinkers of brandies
What do I know of those?

Totally unprepared am I
To face a world of men
Timid and shy and scared am I
Of things beyond my ken

I need someone
Older and wiser
Telling me what to do
You are 17 going on 18
I'll depend on you

Alicia said...

"Leave it to Steve" should be Steven's life motto. That's so funny that he found those lyrics! I'm so glad that you did this. I hope you were able to search your soul deeply. I know I was. :)

As far as pictures for the book goes, I'm not looking for anything really special. Old pictures of you and your family, new pictures of you and Juan, pictures of the food you're giving the recipe for, or (best of all) pictures of you EATING the food. Ha ha! It really doesn't matter. This project is still in the rough-draft stage.