Wednesday, July 2, 2008

With A Little Bit O' Blooming Luck...

we'll have a house in all of about 4 weeks. YAY! How exciting. Juan is getting more comfortable with the idea the house will be ours and he is watching horrified as I schedule appointments to go look at the progress being made toward completion of the home and proceed to measure every window, every wall, every closet, nook and cranny. Literally. With a Stanley measuring tape.

Just in case, is the slogan of the month. You know, just in case, by happen-stance, I am walking around Bed Bath and Beyond, pull out my Stanley to survey just how well that vanity sink might fit into the bathroom. Just in case I happen to be in the same neighborhood as Pier One, with by best shopping buddy Laura, and they just happen to have their annual summer sale going on and that wonderfully cute 4 poster, ditressed white bed HAPPENS to be too good a deal to pass up. If I chance to come upon a Potterybarn or Restoration Hardware and their furniture or linen sales are going on, shouldn't I have measurements, just in case?

Be Prepared. You'd think with Juan being a former 11 year old Scout Leader, he would know these things. He tells me he does.

Juan: I think you might be abusing the Scout motto.
Kourtney: I am just trying to be prepared in any way possible for things that just
might go perfectly in the home.
Juan: I get the feeling if you would stop looking, you wouldn't need to carry a tape
measure in your purse.
Kourtney: You are acting like the only thing I use the tape measure is for house
stuff. I use it all the time for other things.
Juan: I'll give you 3 seconds to name one other thing.
Kourtney: Umm, my phone is ringing...I will tell you when I get off.

After an hour conversation with my mom on my phone.
Kourtney: Okay mom, I will talk to you later...Uh huh, love you too....kay
bye...bye....bye....ya I did that already....Mom, I will talk to you later,
kay?....I love you too...bye...bye...bye (OH, come on, you know you do it
too)

Juan: So what's that other thing you use the tape measure for?
Kourtney (very sheepishly): To make sure my subs from Subway are 6 inches?
Juan: Riiiight.

Okay, so he's right, he's caught me red-handed, standing in the kitchen, arm all the way to the elbow in the cookie jar, metephorically speaking. But what's an OCD like me to do, oh sorry Steven, a detailed oriented, meticulous person like me to do when I know we will most likely be setting up house in a few more weeks? Please tell me you understand my plea here?


Few things in life are free, but you can find FABULOUS deals all the time! So we have decided to go with Flagstone acid stained a sandstone color for the back patio. Very excited about getting that done ASAP when we move in. Guess I can show you a few other things I have been looking at for the just in case moments:

Office Ideas:



Outdoor ideas (I am a sucker for darkwood! and I will definitely do a different color, white is too much, even for me):


The dining table I am in love with, it comes with an extra leaf for more space:


And my favorite new obsession, beds, bedding and anything for the bedroom suite:




Also, if anyone has seen an ultimate organization system for everthing from pantry to bedroom, bathroom, living room, let me know....I will be forever grateful to have you share in my OCD with me!

Oh and here's a really cute picture of Juan and I before the big day, crazy it's been almost a year and a half now!!! Thanks again Meg for your photography expertise!

5 comments:

Steve said...

Ha ha ha! Bravo! That post was great! I laughed so hard, partly
because I can relate, and partly because I can picture the whole thing! Way to be prepared. And thrifty, and brave, and helpful. Such a good scout!

the Forrest Diaries said...

I feel ya I am always shopping, looking for the great deal on the things we just HAVE TO HAVE.

Alicia said...

"Just in case" must be a family syndrome. I pack everything in the house for a weekend away. Just in case. It drives Danny crazy when we're trying to load everything I've packed into the car. You can guarantee he won't be complaining when he needs that extra pair of pants/3 shirts/gallon of water/4 pairs of socks.

I'm sooooo looking forward to seeing pictures of your house -all lived in and cozy. You have such great ideas!!

Lindy said...

Your house is going to be amazing! I think "Just in Case" would be a very appropriate family motto. We should get it emblazoned onto some kind of crest.
I still keep that tape measure/post-it note holder you gave me in my purse at all times. It's right next to my sewing kit, and tide to-go. Duh. :)
I put the pictures of what Mom and I finished in the house this weekend on her blog! Someday I'll get her to update it herself.

blog_meg said...

I can't wait to see your "prepared" little diaper bag that will be overflowing in a very organized fashion someday!