Friday, July 18, 2008

Waiting for babies to arrive...

Juan's sisters, Celeste and Maria, are having baby boys very soon. Celeste has a 2 year old son named Exzavier and Maria has a four year old son named Isaiah. Celeste is due any hour now. Her new baby boy will be Ayden Kevin. Her due date is the 19th, but her doctor says she is ready to go....just waiting for Ayden to agree basically. Maria is due August 9th or 8th and it's a baby boy named Manuel Dalton.

Maybe I am excited or just bored. Can't put a label on it exactly. Since I don't have hours of homework or babies of my own to cater to I decided it was high time to do something creative. Uh-oh, messy kitchen is what that means. Don't you fret, I am spastic enough to clean as I go. And I organize my materials as I use them, yes, sadistic punishment when trying to complete a craft/creative idea. I wantonly imagined at one point in my life, having things organized and "just so" may be leading to lack of originality or a capping the creative juices.

I quickly hussied up my work space, spilling a few embellishments across the table, taking all my punches out of their slide out organizational systems, leaving all the markers on the table, rather than place them back to their rack after each use. I sat, I thought, I thought some more. Pressure, coming down on me, coming down on me... One hour later, I frantically corralled the embellishments back into their compartment, gathered my punches by incremental sizes and replaced them in their lonely bins, swiftly made sure each marker was in it's designated spot (yes, each marker has a spot of it's very own on the rack). Rapidly after, 4 scrapbook pages lay completed on the bar. Humph, here's to you whacked out OCD-ers. Whacked out OCD-ers! You may not always get the recognition you deserve... I get it, but nothing changes the fact we still need therapy for our addiction.

Oh the point of this post. I wanted to show you what I did with my spare time for the babies, Ayden and Manuel. I stole the idea from a Utah craft store for the most part, but hey, what's that they say about copy-catting being the highest form of flattery? Right, so here are the pictures. I made a diaper cake for Ayden (Celeste's baby boy) and a sock bouquet for Manuel (Maria's baby boy).






Anyway, I figure I should one day do something with all this creative energy, any ideas? GO easy on me, I am a newbie at asking for idea advice :).

2 comments:

blog_meg said...

Daily blogging oughta do it!

Lindy said...

ahhh! Your diaper cake is adorable! I suppose thats the next stage, huh? I just hosted my first bridal shower. It's kind of a weird feeling. "Grown up", if you will. :)
I love how you harness your creative energy! I usually plan trips. Or make detailed lists. I might have a touch of CDO as well. Its the same thing as OCD, just in alphabetical order--like it should be. :) (I have to give credit where it is due--that little joke was inspired by reader's digest)
I love you!! I simply cannot WAIT to see you!