Thursday, March 20, 2008

What to do when you are ok with telling your boss you need a Midol?

So yeah, I said it. I couldn't help it. Fussing and ranting and of course generally whining about our crazies at Allstate and every discussion with another insured upped the ante on getting Kourtney to her happy place. I slowly began to see my foul mood was cumbersome, not necessarily to me, but Jerry's stuck between a rock and PMS hard place.

Funny how hormones make a person so volatile. Probably doesn't help that my once a day tic tac method is scratched and replaced with a REAL once a day pill. Those things are the devil. SO in an effort to curb the crass and crash, I am venting. Hard core, interrupt me and die, venting. Only accomplished via the everlasting listener, the blog. You type, it listens. Not much of an adventure for us today, just simply a way to cope. I can hear it now. TMI, TMI (too much info. for you blogists going huh?).

And the pain in my temples is subsiding. I can't imagine what's got my feathers so ruffled, but I know the sleep deprivation, the home hunting (endlessly looking for a home in the 2nd ward with not much to look at), the mortgage questions, the credit checks it induces are not feeding positive energy into the bottom line.

Then it hits me...the more you whine, the more miserable you are. So nix the statement of "not {cumbersome} necessarily to myself". Kourtney, meet your worst enemy, Kourtney. Get on with life. It's not worth living if you can't be happy and you can't be happy if you are not sometimes sad, a little depressed or have a few hard hitting times. That's the challenge. Get back up on the horse and be HAPPY! So there's the challenge for me today. Get over my "bad" self and pull my "good" self up by the bootstraps.

Here we go, on with the happiness! Thanks for listening to the venting!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I have so many posts that look like this! I have the most awful PMS. I didn't realize how bad it was until I got married and Danny kept getting the "What the heck?!" look on his face everytime I cried, yelled, sighed, and then laughed. I feel for you. I'm sorry. Go rent a goofy chick flick and eat some ice cream. Turn the volume up on the movie so it's not interuppted by the neighbor kids' adorable screaming. :) Poor Kourtney.

ruth said...

Hey--I made a blog. Well actually I already had one and Lindy found it. So Lindy made it even better. Believe me it's a work in progress and I have a lot of progress to make. I still think Lindy should just write my entries as well. Hang in there Kourtney--You can fight and win the pill battle. Pregnancy isn't that bad. I love you, Mom