Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The "time-out bench"

Nope, no kids to put on the time-out bench. And no, not expecting one or two kiddos just yet.

I've lovingly referred to our bench in the front entry of our home as our-time out bench. While wonderfully crafted, there was not much going on for it, other than being crafted well:

Which is why it makes a fabulous time-out bench. If there's nothing going on, it's not much fun to sit on. Well, now, it's the walk-in-the-door, stop-for-a-moment, rest-your-keister and take- off-your-shoes bench. TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES!! I'm sorry, I'm big on this. Shoes removed give your floor so much more TIME. And saving the floors means I can spend money on other things. Like spray paint for toilet-paper-roll art (idea found here: http://www.designspongeonline.com/2009/11/diy-project-toilet-paper-roll-wall-art.html). And stain for the bench:

I tried to be artistic and capture the high gloss shine of the bench AND my favorite pillow AND the light, but I have no training in these things. And I was using my phone camera. Yeah, real artistic Kourtney. You tried so hard on that one, didn't you?

Well, I tried, what else matters?

All in all, a super duper busy October leads to a time-out bench I can't really call a time-out bench anymore. I mean who WOULDN'T want to sit here?

No comments: